Monday, October 10, 2011

Listen to Reading Resource

Hello Sweet Friends!

I promise I'm still alive! Things have been super busy around here and this little ol' blog is the one suffering! I'm trying my best to find time to post but the craziness of this school year is winning!

Here are a few quick resources for everyone using Daily 5. Since I'm lucky enough to have six student computer stations, I do my "Listen to Reading" online. Here are a few websites we use during our Daily 5 time.

Online Storytime by Barnes and Noble has become my Daily 5 best friend. The kids love going to this website and listening to celebrities/authors read their favorite story books. The great thing about this site is that it has thumbnails of book covers for the kids to see. Once they find a book they want to listen to, they click and enjoy!

Another site we use is Read to Me. This site works similar to "Online Storytime". You can search for books by looking at thumbnails of the book cover. There are some great books on this website! My kiddos love to listen to "Fancy Nancy", "Chrysanthemum" and "Excuse Me" to name a few.

I am proud to say that we are currently doing 4 of the Daily 5. Any advice on how to successfully start "Word Work"?

No comments:

Post a Comment